Family Dentistry Services for Weston, Sunrise and Plantation
Stephen J Pyle, DDS is a Family Dentistry practice that specializes in dental health and oral hygiene for the entire family. At Dr. Pyle’s dental office we treat children as young as three years old to the elderly. Our Family Dentistry office focuses on preventive measures and encourages regular dental checkups to keep everyone in the family healthy and wearing a great smile.
Family Dentistry at Stephen J Pyle, DDS also serves as the first line of defense and detection for serious health problems like gum disease and oral cancer. A dental exam typically includes periodic x-rays where these problems can be spotted and appropriate action taken. Serious gum disease can contribute to heart disease and stroke making the dental exam even that much more important to a family member’s overall health.
Whether they follow the guidelines or not, most adults know the value of a twice yearly dental exam. If those adults are also parents, they really owe it to their kids to start them with sound oral hygiene habits and regular visits to the dentist. Kids take their cue from their parents so it’s best that they lead by example and get examined themselves…for their kid’s sake.
Family Dentistry…Did You Know?
When people think of family dentistry they most likely think dental exams, digital x-rays, teeth cleaning, extractions and teeth polishing. However today, a trained dentist like Dr. Pyle can offer can offer additional services that might surprise you:
- NTI Tension Suppression System. This is a custom fit dental appliance that patients can wear at night to significantly reduce migraine headaches and migraine associated stress headaches. Dr. Pyle was the first to offer this non-surgical, no-drug, no side effects therapy in Weston.
- Customized sports guards. If you or your children play a contact sport or a sport that could potentially result in a dental injury (like tennis or racquetball) Dr. Pyle can create a custom mouth guard for protection.
- Tooth colored fillings. This filling material looks and feels more natural and is an excellent alternative to traditional silver filling material.
- Dental hypnosis. Certified by the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis Dr. Pyle can put anxious patients at ease using dental hypnosis making the dental treatment process less stressful.
- Sleep Apnea Oral Appliances. If you have been diagnosed with mild to moderate Sleep Apnea, Dr. Pyle can custom fit you for an oral appliance to treat your sleep apnea ( rather than using a CPAP – Continuous Positive Airway Pressure – device.)
Family dentistry is an important part of your family’s overall health care program. Regular dental examinations and maintenance can prevent major (and expensive) dental issues later on.