Dr. Pyle—Weston’s 1st Family Dentist
Faster Dentistry – CEREC® CAD/CAM!
Computer-aided restorations (inlays, onlays, veneers and crowns) reduce time in the dental chair.
We offer restorations using CEREC technology in our Weston dental office. The advantages of this state-of-the art, clinically proven latest advance in cosmetic dentistry are:
- Less time needed—same day restoration appointments are available!
- The pure ceramic porcelain used is stronger than normal porcelain which is built in layers, so Cerec restorations are less likely to ever break, and this lets us provide you with a dental restoration that actually strengthens your tooth.
- The stronger material allows us to conserve tooth structure. Often a partial coverage restoration (inlay or onlay) can be completed instead of needing a full crown.
- It allows us to save as much healthy tooth tissue as possible.
- The porcelain materials we use match the composition of natural tooth structure, and are chemically bonded to your tooth.
- There is no metal in a Cerec restoration.
- They can be custom stained in our office to match your other teeth.
- Messy impressions can be avoided.
Using a CEREC computer, we custom design your restoration in our office. This eliminates the need to send the restoration to an outside laboratory; which previously required a second appointment many weeks later for our patients to receive the finished product.
Steps in a Cerec procedure:
We begin by examining your teeth, and decide on the best preparation method. Any decay is then removed, and your teeth are preparing for an impression. Before an optical impression (picture), the tooth is powder sprayed with a thin layer of blue anti-reflective contrast medium, imaged by a 3D imaging camera and this image is uploaded to the CEREC computer. We then digitally design a restoration with the proper shape and contours to give your the tooth its appropriate form and function. This data is transmitted to our computerized milling machine which manufactures the restoration to exactly fit your teeth using the design parameters we have specified. This milling is done using a single pure ceramic block of material. Finally we color match and glaze your restoration in our porcelain oven to create your beautiful finished product.
The Cerec “Computer-Assisted Design-Computer-Assisted Manufacturing”, or “CAD-CAM” technology gives our Weston dental office complete control over all steps in preparing and producing your restoration. This insures a perfect fit and a life-like match to your real teeth. Being able to offer our cosmetic and restorative dentistry patients same day service is also a nice feature.
Patients who could more conveniently visit a Plantation Dentist or a Fort Lauderdale Dentist often travel the extra distance to see Dr. Pyle because of his experience and dedication to restorative care. If you’re looking for a Weston Dentist that offers family and cosmetic dentistry then make an appointment with us today.
CEREC® is a registered trademark of Sirona Dental Systems